Monday, April 6, 2015

20 creative challenges to make this week Shine!

I recently released a book on embracing a new perspective on creativity called Embracing The Spark: A Simple Guide for Using Creativity to Live Brilliantly.

Soon, I will be holding a couple workshops to play with some of the tools in the book so that people can start implementing some amazing and joyful changes in their lives. The first workshop will be in Ft. Myers, Florida at The Mystical Moon this Sunday, April 12th, 2015 at 1pm. The second one is being held in Naples at Goddess I Am on Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 at 1pm. Hopefully one of these days will work for those who would like to attend. I will have books with me and be doing book signing on these days as well. Feel free to print out one of the flyers from the images at the bottom of this blog.

Tonight, I was sitting here making a list of creative challenges I could give myself for the week, based on teachings of applying creativity the way it is explained in the book and other classes I am currently exploring. That's when I had the idea to share that list with all of you. Feel free to use this list to lighten up your week as well and share anything exciting that may come up for you! You know as I travel my path, anything that comes up worth sharing with you, I share, and will do so in more of the blogs to come! Happy Creating!

1. Discover something new about yourself!

2. Concoct insanely good compliments to give to people-- Because of my reluctance to receive compliments, I often withhold giving them in fear to make other people feel the way I feel when I get them. That ends now.

3. Share a dessert or meal with a friend or loved one.

4. Give a person a hug you don't normally embrace that way.

5. Imagine you are having a conversation with your heart and say something loving to it.

6. Nurture your inner child by doing something you used to do when you were younger. Color, dance, play hide and seek, a board or card game or a game of twister.

7. Journal about something going on in your life, whether it's just a word document in your computer or a specific journal you use. It can even be a voice recording in your phone. Make sure to date it. You may want to know when it was later.

8. Pick a character from a movie or a book and act like them during a conversation with a friend. Who doesn't like talking like a pirate? Hee hee.

9. Devise a sneak attack "Boo!" on someone close to you. Please do not do this to someone with a heart condition or anywhere near ice or stairs. Just keep it simple, clean fun.

10. Visit sunset and build something like a sandcastle or bury a friend in the sand.

11. Listen to a new perspective of a belief you have and try to conceive something within the perspective rather than disagree, correct, or change it.

12. Dance- listen to music that moves you and dance standing up, sitting down, or use your imagination.

13. Embark on a journey, even if it is the neighboring town or even only a couple of hours, and do one thing for each aspect of your emotional, physical and spiritual selves while on that journey. (Three actions total.)

14. Initiate a conversation with a stranger. Hint- you can start by giving one of those insanely good compliments from earlier. Double creativity points!

15. Day-dream about some form of abundance coming to you. This doesn't have to be financial, but can be abundance in any form such as chocolate!

16. Love more.

17. Set in motion a dream you have had. Remember even baby steps move forward!

18. Make your favorite meal.

19. Organize one area in your house that makes you even slightly uncomfortable. Is it just me, or do I have many of these, like books piling up the wrong way on bookshelves, or craft supplies that are overflowing onto the floor from my spur of the moment rummaging. How about the old bills I never know what to do with once they're paid-- save or shred??

20. Start by doing just one of these creative deeds or making a list of you own inspired by these!

I'm looking forward to finalizing the class preparation for this weekend among taking on as many of these other ideas as I go along. I should be able to incorporate at least one. No pressure these days, if I do one this week with the intent to be more creative for the sake of all, I've done better than last week, and that is good. 

If these are too basic for any of you, feel free to flow where your heart leads you. These are definitely specific ones I would like to work on for myself, but explore the more if you so desire! Have fun. Be playful. Life is too short to go through the motions of the same ol' day after day routine. Playing with any of these ideas will raise your vibration, no doubt and bring you a little more laughter, a few more smiles, and a lot more joy.

from my heart to yours,
jodi

Hope to see you all soon! Possibly one of the workshops! Here are the flyers below.






No comments:

Post a Comment